Henry & Sylvia Yaschik Foundation
GRANT APPLICATION DEADLINE IS CLOSED FOR 2021
2021 Grant Applications are due on April 30, 2021.
All applicants are required to supply all required information on all applications. These applications must be delivered electronically to the foundation by May 31, 2021. No late applications will be accepted.
Applicants will be notified about the results of their application by June 30, 2021.
The Henry and Sylvia Yaschik Foundation is a private foundation established in 1996 to make grants to domestic 501(c)(3) organizations. The foundation is governed by a board of four directors. These directors make the final decision on all grants and expenditures made by the foundation.
Grants Made by the Foundation
The foundation makes grants to qualified charitable organizations and will make its grants in the following forms as appropriate for the project proposal and the project time line. Be specific about the form of grant you are requesting.
- One-time grants, which are single-year grants for a specific purpose;
- Multiyear grants, which are commitments for funding to be paid in increments over a period no longer than three years;
- Start-up program grants; and
Challenge or matching grants.
The Henry and Sylvia Yaschik Foundation awards grants to qualified charities that serve the greater Charleston, South Carolina area.
Grants That the Foundation Will Not Make
The foundation will not make the following types of grants. Any request for funding for these purposes will be denied:
- Grants to international organizations that do not have a qualified domestic 501(c)(3) representative;
- Grants to private foundations (other than operating foundations);
- Grants for dinners, balls, or other ticketed events;
- Grants for political purposes; and
- Grants for lobbying activities.
Organizations Awarded in Past Years include:
- The Yo Art Project
- Grass Roots
- Gibbes Museum of Art
- Association for the Blind
- South of Broadway Theater Company
- Yaschik/Arnold Jewish Studies Program
- Spoleto Festival USA
- Addlestone Hebrew Academy
- Coastal Community Foundation
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim
- Brith Sholom Beth Israel
- Roper St. Francis Hospital
- Wings for Kids
- Porter-Gaud Schools
- Charleston Stage Company
- Alternative Spring Break
- Colour of Music Festival
If you have questions, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org